- ABOUT US
DesignBuilder in Education
DesignBuilder is ideal for use in education because it is quick and easy to learn and allows the teaching process to focus on design and simulation issues.
We have an active education program to assist university departments in using DesignBuilder as part of their teaching process and can offer:
- 50% Educational discounts for universities and research organisations,
- Free student license packages for universities purchasing an educational site license.
- 90% discounts for any student for purchase of an Annual software license (even if the university has not already purchased an educational license).
- Freely available teaching materials for use on university courses.
- Free training for significant purchases and reduced rates on our commercial simulation training courses to help university staff get up to speed with teaching use of the software.
You are entitled to a 50% discount on the listed commercial price if:
- You are purchasing DesignBuilder to be used exclusively for educational use within a school, college, university or other educational establishment or
- You are a commercial organisation planning to use the software exclusively for educational events such as training workshops.
If you plan to use DesignBuilder for commercial projects, design work etc you should purchase a full commercial license.
Click here to complete the educational discount form (you must be logged in to the site first).
Student license packs are provided free to educational institutes when they purchase educational site network licenses. In cases where these are not available, undergraduate and postgraduate students wishing to use DesignBuilder on their own computer can purchase DesignBuilder software with a one year license with discounts of 90% on purchase of an Annual license.
NOTE: The 90% discount is only available for Annual licenses with a one (1) year term and is not applicable to version 3 licenses.
Students can obtain low cost DesignBuilder licenses in one of 2 ways:
- Directly from their university (if the university has a student license package).
- From this website using a 90% discount voucher (see below for information on the application process).
When applying for a student discount, you must supply the name of your educational establishment, the department, the name of your supervisor and a departmental contact telephone number. You are not entitled to direct support, other than via the forums.
If you plan to use DesignBuilder for research projects or you need to install the software on a computer at your school, college or university you should purchase an educational license instead of a student one.
Student licenses have no restrictions.
How to Apply for a Discount Voucher
Please make sure you are logged in before you access the educational discount form. If you do not have a log-in and password, please register.
- Fill in our educational discount form giving contact details of your organization and course of study.
- Once we approve your application you will be notified by email(We usually respond within 48 hours).
We will bill you separately via PayPal, or you may make other payment arrangements. Please contact us for further details.